Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Scrapping with my first Studio Calico Kit

It has been a while since I last sat down to blog, or scrapbook, or journal, or do project life....so here I am, 6 weeks since my last post and wow, life has certainly changed for me. I have gone from a small world surrounded by papers, rubber stamps and embellishments, as well as lots of people who I knew, to now, a whole new world called "STARBUCKS". I have learnt that it is HARD, very HARD to learn new things. I am also just starting to catch my breath.....I mean "JUST". Yep, a whole new beginning for me. In entering this new journey, I kept thinking about how, what and where I would be able to fulfill my need and desire for new scrapbooking goodies. I tortured and tormented myself about becoming a subscriber to Studio Calico, which I have admired online for several years, but never subscribed to, just because I was lucky and honored enough to have been a part of the wonderful world of Stamping Bella. So I succumbed, and ordered my first kit for October. 
I can not begin to tell you how much fun I had with this....the ENTIRE process, everything, from waiting for the kit to arrive, sorting through the papers and embellishments, and then challenging myself to use it all. I only ordered the main kit, and am very glad to say that I used it all.....I did about five layouts, including the one below, as well as using some of the scraps, die cuts and stickers all in my project life album (which by the way, is up to date). I am also a believer that less is sometimes more. It is quite okay to NOT, have tons to sort through, which is why, for now, I am only sticking to the main kit. There is something satisfying to me, to be able to use up what I have.
So here I am, having received my November kit, anxiously waiting for the weekend to start playing.



Just a little note to all of you, if you are asking yourselves, should you or shouldn't you become a part of this subscription....my advice to you is do it. There is just enough for so much happy satisfaction.
Wishing you all the beginning of a wonderful holiday season that lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment